Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Extensions & hair breakage?

Yeah so it has been awhile since I have really felt good about myself. I had a horrendous experience with hair extensions during October of last year and my hair is still recovering. I was just wondering if anyone experienced bad breakage due to hair extensions and how long it took for their hair to recover. What did you do? What kind of products did you use? What seemed to really help? I had the glued-in kind..they were cheap %26amp; I was told that it was human hair but I doubt that as of now. Upon removal my hair was supperrr thin. It was fine to begin with but it was plentiful. When I had it removed it was very sparse at the thin. At the current time it has thickened up since last year, but it still not where it used to be. It is difficult to go through this. It definitely takes a toll on your self-confidence. I am 20 years old and I really hope I don't have to go through this forever. I just wanted to know if anyone else has been through something like this.Extensions %26amp; hair breakage?
I corn row braid my daughter's hair...and sew her extensions in myself...her real hair really grows...and the only hair getting damaged is the human hair extensions, she flat irons, and curls with really hot heat. Maybe this is a good idea for you until your real hair grows out....never...never...never use glue....even the good kind breaks off your hair. I do it myself, I buy the hair extension thread and needle at Sally's Beauty...I also buy the Human Hair there (you can probably get better quality, at a better price onlin), I braid her hair straight back in corn rows, except for a small piece in front, where she parts it(this covers up the top row where I sew it in)......Wa La! Good luck tho, I hope this helps....my daughter's self esteem was so low, because of her thin, fine, breaking hair, this did wonders for her....good luck!Extensions %26amp; hair breakage?
I have never been interested in extensions because the concept of using glue as a holding agent on hair was not worth the risk of losing my natural hair.
My hair was damaged eons ago from the gheri curl fad of the 80's. I got it to grow back (oddly enough) by having extentions braided into my hair. However there were times when i left the braids in to long and in getting them out, it would damage my hair and now my hair is just jacked up. My hair grows at different speeds and lengths depending on which part you're referring to. (sides grow faster than back and top but yet the left side grows faster than the right side). In recent years, i've seen so many split ends in my hair that i've truly become so obsessed at getting rid of them that i now have to keep my hair covered by scarves so that i can't see them. The scarf isn't helping though because all it's doing is drying out the natural oils in my hair because the scarf is an absorbant..and i'm depriving myself the natural health from the sun and air. I've tried cutting it short but it really doesn't look good with the shape of my face so i just go on suffering. However, i concur with the horse shampoo.. I think it's actually called ';mane and tail';?? that's really good stuff. Any beauty supply store (and possibly even the supermarket or drug store) will carry it. Aphogee and Doo Grow can help as well.. However my hair seems to become resistent to those products with constant use. Good Luck!
you might not of had them in right, and how did you take them out? if you just pulled them out then thats why, you have to buy two types of solution to break-down the glue.ut yea the glue tends to break down your hair. if it is bad, try to get a layered cut, it makes the difference, i pulled mine out too, and had hair breakage.
I have never had the glued in kind but I have had the kind that you sew into a vertical braid. Those are the best kind and they don't ruin you hair at all........ Actually you could go and get those kind done right now while your hair recovers and it wold make you feel a lot better about yourself.... They make your hair look nice and thick........ Check out this link:
nope i didnt srry
i did, try the horse shampoo from CVS, it strengthens your hair and helps it grow faster, i know what your thinking, ew horse shampoo, but it really does work and it smells really good too my hair is even better than before the extentions





the bottle is tall and round with purple horses at my CVS





seriously try it
I last had extensions in 1996.. I still have a thin patch 12 years later, and this is after seeking medical help when I had a rash from the adhesive after the 4th day. My hair has gotten progressively thinner over this time period and I suspect it is from my extension episode.





Never again. I keep my hair short now and have made friends with hats and lots of cute hair accessories. A few wigs for special occasions.





Good luck to you my dear.
I just went through the same thing 2 years ago, yeah it may take a while for your natural hair to grow back believe me I went through it all, but really the best thing to do is just to keep going to a professional stylist every two weeks, or if you cannot afford the stylist then just ask them what they would recommend for your hair, because they know best. But if you can go to the stylist every two weeks that would be great, because they can get your hair back in no time, they have the experience, and all the right items to make magic work, plus believe me they know more about hair then anybody, so that would be your best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment